Well, it's been a few months since my last post. Have been busy sorting out a Spirit of Progress set. Took a few of my own, and a couple of gifted Powerline S cars, and a Powerline SOP Buffet car. Did a bit of work on them, based loosely on Graham Brown's article (AMRM Feb 2003).
What did I do?
- Modified underframe - added girder frame, cross beams and bolster supports - airbrushed Tamiya German Grey. Can't get Floquil Grimy Black any more.
- Original bogies - Tamiya German Grey
- Interiors - Cream 200gsm card
- Blinds - Insulation tape
- LPBs (Little Plastic Beings)
- Steam Era corridor connectors
- Under-door steps
- Cross bar between brake wheels
- Blackened wheels "texta" permanent marker
- Numbered.- using MS Word - black text box/white font Arial (bold) pointsize 4.5 - photo paper.
The SOP consists (so far) of:
- 1VHS Baggage Van
- 10 AS First Class
- 2 ABS First/Second class
- 3 VRS Buffet Car
- 8 BS Second Class
- 3 BZ Second Class Open Saloon
- PHN 2371 "Southern Aurora" Power Van
- 1 VAC First/Second/Sleeper (to come)
- 2 X BS Second Class (to come)
Click on the pic for a larger view.
Spirit of Progress arrives at Garahbara
Spirit of Progress ready to depart Garahbara
1 VHS, 10 AS and 2 ABS are up front today.
2 ABS and 1 VRS follow
The Spirit of Progress fits just nicely in the platform
3 BZ Second Class Open Saloon
1VRS Buffet Car
10 AS First Class
2 ABS First/Second Class